Genuine Honda Air Filters
Your Honda car, van, SUV, crossover, or pickup most likely came with two air filters in place. Like your oil filter and fuel filter, they play a key part in keeping airborne contaminants from fouling important parts and systems.
How Air Filters Work
Your engine air filter sits near the air intake. It captures pollutants and debris before they can find their way into the engine and cause problems. Without one in place, those contaminants would quickly build up and restrict the airflow upon which your engine relies.Your cabin air filter is most often found behind the glove compartment, though some are located underneath the front cowling on the passenger side of the vehicle. Either way, it's responsible for preventing allergens and other irritants from entering the passenger space through the air vents. Without one of these, you'd notice that the quality of the air you breathe in is less than ideal.
Unfortunately, air filters don't last forever. If they donÕt get too clogged up to work effectively, they wind up degrading over time. That's when they need to be replaced.
How to Recognize Air Filter Problems
Signs of air filter failure include:
- The engine starts to misfire
- You experience reduced fuel economy
- You notice odd engine noises
- Your dashboard "Check Engine" light comes on
- You detect moldy or foul odors in the cabin
- The cabin air temperature fluctuates
- There's a whistling sound coming from the air vents
Genuine Honda Air Filters Work Best
You should make a habit of checking the condition of your air filters. You'll also want to check your owner's manual for your recommended maintenance schedule. When you do need to replace your old air filters, using the real-deal ones made by your manufacturer just makes sense. They're made specifically for your model, ensuring the precise fit and protection you want. Find them in our online auto parts department, in stock and ready to ship. Buy now and save!
- Civic del Sol,
No results found for "air filter". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!